With turning 30, comes a lot of changes. New decade, new outlook, new perspective. But also, now comes a new skincare routine. Previously, I wasn’t very consistent about taking proper care of my skin. I’d fall asleep with my makeup on, forget to moisturize, skip weekly face masks.
However, I’ve had a pretty steady flow of different products with my skincare routine since I was a teenager. You know, those awkward years where acne is that pesky friend that won’t leave you alone. Yes, those years. I’ve always had some sort of cream to put on my face before bed or a different face cleanser to try. Since then, I no longer have to worry about all those breakouts & topical creams, but..
I’ve noticed that once you turn 30, all those face wrinkles just magically appear. It’s like the wrinkle was waiting for the exact moment I turned 30, then “BAMN,” they made a pronounced entrance. So it’s become so important for me to be consistent with my skincare routine.
What To Add to Your Skincare Routine:
- Cleanser – I wash my face every morning & night with a mild cleanser that also removes excess dirt, oil & makeup.
- Face Mask – Take advantage of mask Monday & at least one other time during the week.
- Nighttime Moisturizer – I’m a big fan of using 2 different moisturizers. I prefer a more cream-based moisturizer at night.
- Daily Moisturizer – I like to use this for daywear because it has SPF 30 in it. Protecting the face from sunshine helps reduce fine lines, dark spots & wrinkles.
- Anti-Aging Serum – This is for under your moisturizer. I like this for getting rid/preventing wrinkles.
- Tinted Moisturizer/Foundation – After everything, I layer tinted moisturizer on top to even out my skin tone & cover any unwanted blemishes. Plus, more SPF!
- Hydrating Eye Cream – I apply eye cream every night under my moisturizer but after putting on my anti-aging serum.
- Eye Depuffing Serum Eye Massage – I love using this in the morning. Depending on what kind of sleep I get the night before, I use this every morning to help massage away dark circles & brighten my eyes.
- Body Wash – My mom got me hooked on this stuff. I love this Neutrogena body wash. It leaves your skin feeling clean without stripping away moisture from your skin. It also smells amazing!
- Exfoliating Scrub – I’m very cautious as to how often I exfoliate. I aim to do this 2-3x per week, usually on the days I face mask.
Although, I still get an occasional breakout & those wrinkles are still hanging around, just having a routine of products has helped my skin from changing much. I’ve been able to stick to this routine pretty consistently & am happy with my results. What skincare products do you use? Do you have a consistent routine?
Shop the Post:
- How to Beat Dry Hair this Winter
- 3 Spring Trends to Add to your Closet
- 3 Ways to Style the Perfect Spring Dress