Disclosure: This post contains affiliate link in which I earn a commission on any products sales.
Well, it happened. I had been waiting 365 days for it to arrive. At first I dreaded it, didn’t want to think, dream, talk about it, especially since I was recovering from the worst case of the flu I’ve ever experienced in my life. Now it is here and I have to say, it sure feels good. One month ago, I turned…
The big 3-0
I don’t know what it is, but I feel like a completely new person. It’s as if I dropped 30 pounds overnight. New life has sprung in my step & I feel like a rejuvenated woman, bursting with unfailing confidence and esteem.
I’ve officially been alive and living this great life for three decades. THREE DECADES. That’s just crazy to think about. I remember when I turned 20 like it was yesterday. Of course, 20 is a new decade but I just kept thinking, “OK, one more year until I’m 21.”
Today, I’m sharing 30 things about me & things I’ve learned along the way:
- I’m the middle child in my family. I have an older brother, older (step)sister, younger (step)brother & younger sister. To say I don’t exhibit middle child syndrome would be a lie. I wouldn’t want it any other way though!
- I started taking classes for my MBA. I was planning to get my MBA before I become pregnant with hopes of taking the CPA exam after. But hey, life happens right.
- I love being a Mom. It is the most unselfish and best thing you will ever do in your life. Embrace it. Celebrate it. Moms rock!
- I’m not too old to still play. I plan on dribbling, shooting, cutting and defending that basketball court for the next decade on.
- Keep your hobbies. All those things we enjoyed doing when we were younger, stick with them! I still dance, ball, read, etc. It’s part of what makes me, me.
- Learn to forgive. We all make mistakes, both big and small. Give a little grace & hope you will receive it back.
- Make new friends.
- But keep the old.
- Don’t overanalyze – which is hard to do with my type-A, analytical brain.
- Be spontaneous (even if you’re not).
- Allow grace to people you disagree with.
- Go makeup free once a week.
- It’s ok to be scared.
- Don’t forget to rest.
- Eat ALLLLL the chocolate.
- Never stop being a student.
- Both my brother & sister live in NYC (so I always have a couch to crash on!).
- Try something new.
- You do need more sleep (see #14).
- Hangovers do not get better with age!
- I went to a really small liberal arts school in a super small town in Ohio – and loved every minute of it!
- It’s never too early to invest for retirement. Don’t forget to save!
- The Greatest Showman is hands-down one of the best movies I’ve ever seen! (go see it!)
- I love old musicals.
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is one of my all-time favorites.
- I was a multi-sport athlete & ballerina growing up – I love to dance!
- I love rollercoasters even though I’m afraid of heights.
- I’ve never travelled past the western hemisphere – but I’ll see you soon Europe!
- I love food and will try pretty much anything at least once. I can also out eat Brent. I only wish my metabolism was as fast as I eat!
- Each day is a new day, and one we won’t get back. So make the most of the time you have because it is the only thing in life that only comes once. Once it’s gone, it’s gone.
Well there you have it!
Knowing that I was going to be turning 30 soon, definitely had me a bit anxious and nervous. Sometimes I wonder where all the time has gone and having kids definitely makes time move a bit faster. But I’m going to really enjoy this next decade!