Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links in which I earn a commission.
Do you spring out of bed in the morning, grab a hot cup of coffee, ready to attack your day before the sun even rises? Then, my friend, you are a morning person. On the other hand, if you dread rolling out of bed, not wanting to leave your warm & cozy sheets, lay around until the very last second only to frantically rush out the door, I would say you are not. But that’s OK. Whether you’re a morning person or not, having a routine in the morning is a great way to start tackling the day. Remember, we have goals and bucket lists to hit!
For the longest time, I was somewhere in between a morning person and night owl. I think that’s what happens when you have babies, you become some sort of nocturnal early bird. Not by choice, of course.
Lately, and I think with these lingering gray skies & winter weather, I’ve been feeling like blah. Unmotivated. Tired. Spiritless. I just needed a good ah-ha moment. And that came in the form of a more productive morning. My morning makeover reignited the mojo I need to make it to summer. I wanted to share with you some of the ways my mornings have gotten better.
3 Steps to Rejuvenate your morning & feel more inspired:
- Plan the Night Before. Lay it all out. As I mentioned here, have your outfit ready the night before. Also, pack your lunch/purse/bag and put it by your door. Make sure you know where your car keys are as well! I don’t know how many times I’m ready to leave but have NO idea where my keys are. I can’t get very far without those! Being prepared for the morning, helps it run smoother and easily transition from task to task. Whether you head right to work or have a few minutes before the kiddos wake up, having everything ready to go for the morning helps ease the stress of disorganization or having to rush out the door.
- Set an Alarm. And put it across the room. This is a big one. I admit, I love the snooze button. I remember one morning I hit the snooze 20 times before peeling myself out of my bed. By moving my alarm, it forces me to get up. By that point, I’m ready to just get rolling with the day. Also, I recommend investing in an actual alarm clock rather than using your phone (actually, put that thing to charge in a different room altogether). In the morning, it’s so easy to immediately open up all social media accounts with your phone. But with an alarm clock, the temptation won’t be there. The best alarm clocks I’ve found are the ones that have the wake up light simulating the sunrise. It’s a great idea for those who struggle to get out of bed in the morning.
- Keep Moving. Let’s face it. Sometimes in the morning, the struggle. is. real. If I sit down for one second, it’s usually impossible for me to get back up. Once I start moving, I don’t stop. I find my to-do list, check it twice, then get hustling. Usually I have a few hours before I need to head out the door for work to get my daily tasks completed. I’ve learned that if I don’t complete items on my to-do list before work, it ain’t happenin’! So keep that body moving & don’t stop!
Breath. Sigh of relief. Don’t you already feel like you can get so much more accomplished in one morning? What’re some ways you stay productive in the morning?
- 3 Savvy Ways to Be More Productive
- 3 Ways to Stay Motivated at the Gym this Winter
- 3 Tips to Hit Unmet Goals in 2018
- 3 Ways to Navigate the Social Media Time Vortex