Yay! I’m so excited we FINALLY made it to summer days! We didn’t really have much of a spring here in northeast Ohio. Winter felt like it dragged on, and on, and on…
But yet, we made it. The blazing hot sunshine mixed with the lake cool breeze is the perfect summer combo. There’s something about summer that always reminds me of growing up.
We lived a short walk away from the neighborhood community pool and I spent all day getting bronzed, dominating four square (the ultimate childhood game memory), diving off high diving boards & racing to eat melting ice cream from my hands. To me, summer time is the best time.
Now that summer is in full swing with the end of Memorial Day weekend, I’ve been thinking about what my goals are for this summer.
3 Goals to Aim for this Summer:
- Wake up Everyday with a Plan. Sounds simple, right? Well, with school being out, it’s going to be so EASY to get out of routine and become complacent. However, after having such a long winter and barely any spring, I’m going to be enjoying every single beautiful day this summer. Over the winter, with the endless grey skies, I started to become a bit depressed. Seasonal depression is quite the doozy. I’m not a fan. Therefore, I want to make the most of every day this summer. It goes by way too fast to not enjoy! So the plan, to make sure I always have a plan, is to be prepared. Here’s how:
- Plan my week out on Sundays – With my handy-dandy planner & the weather app in hand, map out my week of activities, Ella activities, meal planning & commitments.
- Eat that Frog – In other words, big things first. I want to tackle the big stuff on my list first thing in the morning, like working out, before moving on to the fun beach stuff! That way I won’t be stressing and can enjoy playing in the sun!
- Stay caffeinated – I love coffee. Not just because it gives me an amazing burst of energy, but I love having a hot drink to wake me up in the mornings. There’s been a TON of coffee shops that have opened up in my neighborhood and area. I want to travel to each one & try a hot cup!
- Get Healthy & Fit. Let’s be honest, it’s no fun being cooped up all winter. Plus the seasonal depression that kicked in towards the end was well, quite depressing. Now that all the natural Vitamin D has rushed to my head, I want to spend every second outside. Every day, I’m going to aim to enjoy an activity outside, even if it’s just mowing my (tiny) lawn. In Ohio, this gorgeous hot weather only lasts for a short period of time so I mind as well make the most of it! If I can’t get outside, my goal is to at least move my body.
- Outdoor sports – Kayaking & paddle boarding. Rooftop yoga. I want to try a new outdoor physical activity.
- Count my macros, within reason – I feel best when hitting my macros. No bloating. No fatigue. However, I still want to enjoy barbecues & picnics. Reminding myself to be more aware so that I’m not over doing it.
- Continue with Bikini Body Guides (BBG) – At the end of the year, I was in a bit of a workout rut. No progress and I was getting bored. My sister said she had signed up for BBG workouts and she really liked them. So, I did my research, liked what I saw & downloaded the Sweat app. I haven’t been very consistent to start, but I’m back at the beginning of the 12 week program. My goal is to make it through all the workouts for the next 12 weeks.
- Try something new – There are a few spin studios in the area I’ve been wanting to check out and targeted workout gyms like Orange Theory popping up. I’d like to push myself and see how I do trying a new workout routine.
- Enjoy quality time with family & friends. Since I’m off in the summer, I want to spend as much time as possible with all my loved ones. This past school year was my first year in my position & Ella was in the afternoon preschool, so we missed weekly activities with friends.
- Weekly Cedar Point trips, beach picnics, coffee dates
- Mini getaways
Phew, that’s a lot to do in a short period of time. I have a few more goals up my sleeve, but I’ll save those for another day! What’re your goals for this summer? Trying anything new? Traveling anywhere?
- 10 Ideas for your Summer Bucket List
- 3 Steps to Rejuvenate your Morning Routine & Feel More Inspired
- 3 Savvy Ways to Be More Productive