Hello weekend! And you know what that means. Summer is right around the corner. We made it to Memorial Day weekend, the iconic kick off to summer. For me, this weekend & the start of summer go hand-in-hand. I love this weekend: barbecue, picnics, family, friends, lots of sales and lots of shopping!
Traditionally, every year, we spend the day at my parents condo up in Sandusky, a roughly 45 minute drive for us. It’s right on Lake Erie and has the most amazing views!
All of our family heads up there for the day. My mom makes the most delicious food while my step dad mans the grill. He is quite the grill master.
And a major bonus, Memorial Day weekend up on Lake Erie is when we have the inaugural boat ride for the season. We usually go for a ride around Cedar Point. If the water is warm enough, we’ll sometimes get the water skis out!
Since summer is officially here, I’ve been trying to plan out all our adventures. So I thought I’d share some ideas for a summer bucket list.
What I’m Adding to my 2018 Summer Bucket List:
- Sunset & picnic at the Solstice Steps/Lake Erie: I’m so lucky I live a .5 mile away from one of our Great Lakes. Not only that, it offers one of the best sunset views.
- Adventures at Cedar Point/Cedar Shores: Growing up so close to an amusement park, you become a bit of a junky. Then, you get your kid addicted too. With free passes for kids 3-5 & a close 45 minute drive, this is a no-brainer.
- Hike the trails of Cuyahoga Valley National Park: I always forget that we live in the middle of a national park with endless amounts of trails to hike.
- Girls Trip: This will be my first girls trip since becoming a momma. I’m so excited to hit the beach without hearing “mom, mom, mom, mahmmmm” 24/7. A little break from mom life is a good thing.
- NYC Trip: The benefits of having a brother & sister live in the big city is a free place to always stay. There will be more beach, food, & city adventures this year!
- Run 5K/10K: I am not a runner & I cannot stand running. However, you can become anything you want to be and I already have a little experience. Before I had Ella, I ran 2 half marathons. They were the longest 13.1 miles of my life, but I want to do it again. There’s something therapeutic about running & exciting about a new physical challenge.
- Movie night at the Drive-in: My dad use to take us to the drive in all the time when I was younger. I think it will be a great way to share some of my childhood with Ella & make those memories with her.
- Afternoon at the Lake Erie Islands: Put-In-Bay, Kelley’s Island, Middle Bass. Again, one of the perks of living so close to Lake Erie, I get to benefit from all it has to offer. I can just taste those Brandy Alexander’s now..mmmhh
- Bottomless ice cream with no guilt: I’m not a fan of ice cream until warm weather rolls around. I keep dreaming of my favorite soft serve combo – chocolate ice cream dipped in chocolate on a cone. Yummy!
- Try something new: One of my goals for the year is to spend more time enjoying my hobbies. However, this summer, I want to find new hobbies. How else to do that other than trying new things? My goal is to aim for one new thing to do, see, explore, participate in each week this summer.
Since I was little, I’ve always looked forward to summertime. I’m so happy it’s finally here and I can’t wait to check these items off my list! What do you have planned this summer?